Tuesday, July 18

Our 1 Year Anniversary

As of Sunday July 16, we've been married for a whole year. :-) My fantastic DH surprised me and took me out of town on many adventures, he even secured a day off of work for me. I was able to see family, visit the church we were married in, feed sheep, read the hearts written for us at our reception, eat peach ice cream, watch bats at dusk, antique shop, and enjoy my husband's company. It was really a great weekend. Plus my little car, who so faithfully takes us wherever we need to go with decent gas milage, surpassed 100K miles this weekend. And she's still going!

I don't know if it is our anniversary or the pregnancy but I'm SO emotional right now. It's funny, at a friend's wedding when I was only 10 or 12 weeks pregnant, I couldn't manage to cry a tear. But now, silly things like a song or commercial or even just a memory make me want to bawl! I've really been having to control myself, because once I start crying it's hard for me to stop, and my nose gets really stuffy and it's hard to breath. All because of pregnancy!

I'm also starting, just now, to have real cravings. I fixate on something until I get it. Recent examples have included an M&M Sonic Blast, chocolate (any kind), Dr. Pepper (non-diet) and other things that are really bad for me. Actually I just polished off a a bag of peanut M&Ms, a regular-sized bag. Lasted about 3 minutes and I REALLY want some more.

It's more than obvious that I have a pooch now. My dad jokingly and (hopefully) lovingly called it a pudge, I believe. I gave in and purchased two pairs of maternity blue jeans from Kohls and JC Penny yesterday, I couldn't hold out any longer. I have maybe 6 or 7 pairs of blue jeanas, and only one pair still fit, so it was time. I guess I should post another picture soon!

Besides the occasional headaches (no more migranes!), I am really feeling good. I'm enjoying being pregnant right now, I'm at a very pleasant stage. Almost 18 weeks, I'm waiting to feel a kick or a nudge from little baby... I have felt what *could* be the baby, but I'm not positive that's what it is. It's difficult being a first-time mom! Just as I was writing this, I felt what could have been the baby, on my left side maybe about a finger's length from my belly button. Maybe he/she is saying hello. :-) I read in a book that at this point, babies can hear pretty well, so I'm wondering if I should do the Mozart to the belly thing... Actually in the book I was reading, it talked about how this baby, after birth, would always quiet down when the theme song of a particular soap opera would come on... Because the mom watched it every day while pregnant. Definitely something to think about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should play OMC- How bizarre 24/7 to make our kid "appreciate" their father's great love of pacific islander music....

Stephanie said...

Oooh that's a good one. Or we could play Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" because that's just a classic love song.

Mandi said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend!

 
site design by designer blogs