Jesus Christ is risen today! Alleluia!
Happy Easter! Time to move my blog from drab purple to fun Spring colors!
We had our usual busy Easter weekend filled with family and crawfish! My entire family came to stay with us and we stayed busy cooking, drinking, and playing around. It felt nice to have everyone in one place, even though it's a crazy sort of hectic that would probably be hard for a lot of people to handle! I loved it! <3
Saturday was the crawfish boil, the kids had lots of fun running around while Ryan and I enjoyed ourselves. We didn't get to eat as much as we'd have liked, it was hard to stand at the table and eat while holding Jack in the sling, and one of us was usually chasing the other two around. Next year Jack will be walking and the other two will be older so we hopefully won't have to keep an eye on them quite as much.
Mass this morning was crowded as usual for a holiday mass, and now that Beth's done with Sunday school for the year we have her back with us again. I think she's forgotten how to behave. :-/
I changed the decor in the house from a drab mantle with dead sticks and sand to a spring garden full of lillies, gladiolas, tulips, and hydrangeas. It's beautiful, I think tulips are my new favorite flower!
The kids had a great day today. I love that Beth's old enough that I feel comfortable enough sharing more about Jesus' death and resurrection with her. We had been talking about how the people who killed him didn't understand him and thought he was a blasphemer. I tried to explain what that meant using kid terms and I think she understood on a very basic level. She's starting to understand death a little more but the idea of coming back to life is definitely a little hard for her to comprehend!
Ryan and I spent a little time tonight reflecting on our Lents, and felt that overall they were good but definitely had room for improvement. One thing I really found that was good for me was spending less time on Facebook. It was hard not seeing pictures of friend's babies and missing special announcements, but on the other hand there was so much that I didn't miss, like the constant "feed" of mostly useless information. I have to think about how I will re-introduce it into my life.
Happy Easter season!



4 comments:
Really great family pictures...everyone's dressed up in their Easter outfits! Flowers are beautiful!
What a beautiful family portrait!
I love the books in the baskets, they are the best.
Oh your Easter pictures are just beautiful! What an amazingly sweet family you have - we sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment