Friday, April 29

A bunch of sickies

Jack Jack still has his rash. :-(  I don't know what's going on with this boy, but I feel so helpless.  It still doesn't seem to bother him but this has been going on for almost 5 weeks now.  The pediatrician said to give him some allergy medicine (Allegra) to see if it helped, which it didn't.  This made him prompt us to contact a dermatologist for an appointment next week.  I still feel like we should probably see an allergist but I just don't know.  During the past 5 weeks, we have used various detergents, bath soaps, lotions, and foods, so I just don't know what it could be. 

On a slightly related note, I'm becoming more uncomfortable with the fact that he hasn't gained any weigh in the past several months.  He's been 20 lbs for about 2-3 months now, and while this makes his weight more like his siblings, it's still a big drop on the growth chart. 

Beth's still been having tummy aches so I took her for another x-ray on Good Friday.  It showed she wasn't completely "cleaned out" so we've had to up her dose of Miralax some more, hoping to get everything out and eliminate the tummy aches.  In the mean time, she's becoming more and more selective about what she eats, so it's becoming more difficult for me to figure out how to pump her up with fiber and protein when all she wants to eat is Chex.

Luke seems to be doing pretty well right now (knock on wood!), he's fully potty trained now so yay for that!

I'm dealing with my own health issues, trying to pinpoint what's going on with my cycles and my moods.

I'm just so tired of all of these health issues, I'm ready for everyone to be healthy and happy again!!!

3 comments:

grandma c said...

When I was babysitting the kiddos this week, I was amazed at Jack's "hearty" appetite. When he finished eating, he was like a roadrunner. No wonder he is not gaining weight...he is burning up calories. I can't remember seeing a kid crawl so fast. And in terms of the spots...toss the mattress and the sheets and go organic. Just an idea...

Liz said...

Stephanie, I've seen this rash recently. Or at least one which looked JUST like it. My cousin's 11 month old son developed this welt like rash...it looked identical to this.

After two months of anxiety and heartache...an allergist was able to determine with fair certainty that it was caused by...BEDBUGS. Disgusting, right? My cousin was horrified because she keeps a very clean home. The allergist asked if she had bought any Children's furniture or clothing on Craigslist (no)...and after about a week of trying to determine the source, my cousin realized the only mattress her baby ever slept on which wasn't cleaned BY her...was in the church nursery.

And THAT is where they came from! Of course the church staff was mortified. They had gotten crib mattresses donated by church families and they DID clean them, but with bedbugs cleaning isn't enough. They get in the fibers of the mattress. The church had to end up burning all of the crib mattresses even though only two definitively tested positive for bedbugs.

I know you attend church, and Jack's rash looks identical to my cousin's baby's rash...so I just thought I'd put it out there. I hope whatever it is, you're able to figure it out and get it taken care of.

I'll be praying for everyone...

Anonymous said...

Hi Steffanie,

I saw your picture of Jack on facebook and I couldn't stop thinking of him. I feel so sorry for him, having som many elements on his little body.
Alexander was infected last summer with a pox-virus, that causes a reaction on the skin - it's called Molluscum contagiosum. It wasn't a big problem, since he had only few elements, and they dissapeared in a couple of months. From what I read last year, some children get a LOT og elements, that kan be all over the body. The infection goes away by itself, but in the worst cases, it can be monts up to a year before they disapear. The pictures, that I saw last year were quite scarry, but i didn't think Alexander's elements were loocking like the ones that were portrayed. It was though the right diagnose, and he's gotten quickly over it.
The reason why I'm bringing it up, is because I think Jack's elements resemble Alexander's. You said that you'll be seeing a dermatologist soon so why don't you bring it up as a possibility? I had never heared of it before last tear, but it seems as though there are a lot of children, that get this virus infection. So it's worth a try :-)
I have a web adress at home, where you can read more on the topic. I'll send it later, when I get home so you can check it out yourself.
I hope that you soon figure out what's wrong and that he's going to be fit for fight in no time :-)
Hugs from Delia in Denmark

 
site design by designer blogs