Tuesday, April 5

"It's just a virus!"


Four words that every mom loves to hear at the doctor: "It's just a virus!"  Ugh I hate that!  I mean, I'm partially grateful it's not some horrible disease but the unknown of not having a name or treatment when your baby looks like this is just really unnerving.






The good news is that although he's had this rashy thing for about 8 days now, he hasn't acted very sick.  He did have a fever for about 48 hours on days 3 and 4, peaking at 104.7, but then it went away and the rash continued to travel around his body.  Jack is in good spirits, but the congestion and coughing has interrupted his sleep.  He had been doing pretty well... But, everything is just a phase, right?  sigh  He's also cutting teeth numbers 5 and 6 so that might have something to do with the regressed sleep.


These red blotches come and go, but stay in patches and fade to a sort of purple bruise-looking spot.  It looks really horrible, but since he's not acting sick I can only assume his body is dealing with it just fine!

7 comments:

Ramona said...

Oooooh, poor little Jack...and mommy and daddy! 8 days is long enough. It's time for this virus to go!

Mandi said...

Kara had something really similar a couple of weeks ago and we were told it was a virus that follows an upper respiratory infection. Yeah, wonderful right? At least Kara's wasn't itchy, hope his isn't either. Feel better soon little guy!

The Zajicek's said...

Aww, poor little buddy!! Hope that virus leaves soon!

Anonymous said...

Did your ped check for measles? Tis the time of year for measles - "colds" followed by high fevers and then rash. Measles is extremely, highly contagious and deadly to unborn babies. iirc, he is too young to vax for MMR?

Grandma c said...

Poor little guy! He's such a sweetie...even with the polka dots!

Julie said...

Yikes! Poor Jack and his many splotches! Do they ever take into account that you are a stay at home mama when they declare this is all viral? Where do these mystery viruses come from?
I can't believe he is working on #5 and 6! Eva is still working on #1 =)

Lauren said...

gasp.... you said rash, but THAT is a RASH! wow. I'm glad you took him though, I was worried.

 
site design by designer blogs