Saturday, January 15

An Update

luke said ariel was hungry, so he nursed her.

beth and luke shared a hard boiled egg, i'm so happy they've finally decided they like eggs this way.

books are best when they're a little soggy




A few highlights from our week:

1. Jackson Paul will be CRAWLING within a month.  I'd bet big money on it.  He hasn't even been sitting up for a full month but he is well on his way to that next step.  When he sits, he lunges forward, pushes up on his arms and knees, and winds up scooting backwards.  He'll be scooting forward soon enough, I can't believe he's going to be mobile so soon!  This is a game changer, ha ha.  We are also going to moving him into a crib upstairs within a few days.  He is NOT sleeping well at night and it's drastically affecting me and Ryan.  We're borrowing a crib from a friend and are going to put him in the spare bedroom until he's sleeping through the night, then he and Luke will share a bedroom.  I know it'll be months before he's sleeping through, but we have to change something because waking up once an hour at night (sometimes more!) is not very good for us or him!

2.  Luke is continuing to have his digestion issues.  It's so hard for a mommy to see her baby in pain and to not be able to help at all.  He's been having chronic constipation for months now, Miralax and probiotics don't seem to be helping him out.  He strains and strains, every day, and when he starts to cry it means I have to step in and give him a glycerin suppository.  :-(  His celiac test was negative as was a general allergy blood panel we had done in November, so the next step is I'll be taking him to see our pediatric GI doctor  in about two weeks.  The appointment can't come soon enough for him.

3. Beth had a checkup with her pediatric GI doctor (the same one who did her biopsy and the same one Luke will see) on Monday, her first appointment since her biopsy.  The appointment was just a chance for him and I to talk about how she's feeling, changes we've seen, and if there are any lingering issues.  Beth still occasionally complains of a tummy ache but it's impossible to know if it's due to accidental gluten ingestion or if it's just a random ache.  She will have another checkup in May, this is his usual schedule for his celiac patients.  We are supposed to keep an eye out for any other conditions that might develop (she's at increased risk for Type 1 diabetes as well as other autoimmune disorders) but we won't do any more testing unless something comes up.  She was acting incredibly shy toward the doctor, refusing to look at him or talk to him...VERY out of character for Beth.

4. I am sick.  Yesterday I started to feel bad but today I have a major head cold, complete with major sinus pain and massive congestion (yet somehow my nose is still runny?).  My first cold of the season, I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner given how much the boys have been sick since Halloween!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Feel better, Stephanie! Maybe that feeling of massive congestion is actually swelling of the sinus walls. It feels just like you're stuffed completely up. I've seen products marketed for relieving this swelling, but I cannot remember what, I'm sorry! :( I hope you feel better! And hey, it's 1-15, so now we can talk about when and where and what...of course, once you feel better!

Love,
Lindsey

The Zajicek's said...

Hope you feel better soon - that is no fun at all!
Poor little Luke - hopefully things will get going better for him. :\

 
site design by designer blogs