Tuesday, January 25

Looking Up

Just a quick note to say Jack's been sleeping a little better lately (he's still in our room since we haven't fixed the loaner crib yet), I've been able to spend a little time in prayer in the mornings, and Beth and Luke have been in particularly good moods lately.  We've been putting Luke to bed a little earlier and his afternoon nap has been longer than usual, maybe he's going through a growth spurt?  I'm reading two books right now- Parenting with Love and Logic (really liking this one), Please Don't Drink the Holy Water (oddly inspiring!), and I've quit Unconditional Parenting (I found myself agreeing with some points but disagreeing with most).  I have The Hunger Games and Redeeming Love waiting for me in the wings, wouldn't you know all three of my library holds I'd been waiting for became available at the same time?!  Anyway, my point is that I've found that reading more is helping me be a better mom, reading books that inspire me really help my days.  I've had a bad month but I feel like I'm turning a corner right now.  Thank you for praying me through it!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I LOVE Redeeming Love! Anything by Francine Rivers is gold ... I have her "mark of the lion" trilogy as well if you ever want to borrow it. That is my favorite series, by far!

The Zajicek's said...

Glad you've found some books you really like and that things are going better for you!

 
site design by designer blogs