Wednesday, January 26
Sweet Potatoes
He really wants to eat food. Every time I eat anything he smacks his lips, reaches for it, and makes "Amm amm amm" sounds... I mean, the boy wants it. I'm so tempted just to pop a bit of bread or cheese or whatever I'm eating into his mouth... Okay I admit I gave him a taste of my rice cake and he wanted MORE! Ha! Baby food is a huge failure, remind me in the future just to save the money because I've thrown away several almost-full jars of baby food. Tonight I made sweet potatoes, smashed some up plain and let him go to town. He loved it. He made a royal mess, sang to it, got it up his nose and in his eyes, but this is all part of the fun! I'm really going to take a cue from this and just let him do it himself as much as possible from here on out. It's part of baby-led weaning, it's easier for me (no flying a spoon through the air!), and he actually eats!
Also, today was the day Beth has been waiting for... Her new doll arrived in the mail! Did I even mention on my blog that Ryan (yes, Ryan) ripped the leg off Beth's Christmas present, Lily? It was totally an accident, but nonetheless somewhat tragic for a little girl. Since her doll was an Our Generation doll from Target, I did a little research and decided to buy her a slightly nicer doll, a Madame Alexander doll. So far I'm much more impressed with the quality of the MA doll. Beth picked this one out all on her own, and when she arrived in the mail today... It was definitely love at first sight. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One potato, two potato, sweet potato pie...Jack looks like he is in sweet potato heaven! So cute!
Fun with Jack and food! A new Foodnetwork show.........just sayin' If Andrew Zimmerin can eat bugs and worse, well, why not have our Jack Jack do his thing?
And YEA!!! for dollies!!.....I didn't know about the Ryan/lily incident...I'll have to speak to him about this....
Post a Comment