Sunday, January 2

Happy Epiphany and a Blessed 2011!

Today is the Epiphany, the day celebrated as the day that the wise men visited baby Jesus. We heard a great homily today by our priest about how in order to participate in Christmas, we must make it our own and make it personal. The wise men went out of their comfort zone to seek Jesus, put themselves in danger to find this baby that was rumored to be The King. How often do we go out of our way to bring gifts to our Lord? What have you given to the Christ Child as a Christmas gift?

Beth was really excited to hear "We Three Kings" in mass today, she loves that song! We listened to about 10 versions of it on YouTube last night, lol.

This year I spent a great portion of Advent reflecting on what I should give to Jesus for Christmas, and I've decided that seeking monthly spiritual direction through a lay person is what Jesus is asking of me right now. I've already contacted my church to find someone not affiliated with any particular group. Lately I've been struggling with my vocation as a mother in multiple ways, and I think discussions with a trained lay person will help me figure things out. I also want to make an effort to say "yes" to my children when I want to say "no, not now."

My new year's resolutions are the same as always, so I'm not really resolving to do anything other than seek spiritual guidance. But, if I had to say something... Workout more, eat more veggies, and save some money. :-b

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wGHfAi17Q

Just for Beth--singing camels! I think the boys will like it, too. :)

 
site design by designer blogs