Monday, January 3

Starting Solids

This morning we gave Mr. Jackson some wheat cereal mixed with breastmilk.  Okay, it was mostly milk!  He ate more than I expected, giving it a good shot before calling it quits after a few bites.  Luke wanted a bite, I nearly let him (he has a horrible cold, and wasn't interested in trying it after Jack was done!).  Pumping milk isn't very easy for me but I will keep trying so that I can mix his cereal with my milk, then we'll probably start introducing other foods per the baby-led weaning protocol, like we did with Luke.  I don't think Jack needs any solid food, at this point I'd like to give him something to do while we're eating while slowly-on his terms- introduce him to real food.  I'd like to avoid the mushy and expensive baby food as much as possible!
Before the torture began!

I know it doesn't look like he liked it, but he didn't spit any out!
Mmmm...spoon.
I love me some messy baby cheeks!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs