Thursday, July 15

No time!


Jack is moving into the next phase of life where he spends a lot of time in the evenings awake, sometime unhappy. This is usually when I do my blogging, so needless to say I haven't had much time to type! A couple of notable things since my last post (which I realize I still need to add text too- I'm sure you noticed he was baptized!).

My sister and one of my brothers stayed at our house through Tuesday evening, so we had an easy couple of days. On Tuesday, we all headed out of the house to meet Ryan for lunch then to brave the aisles of Wal-Mart. Jack had a big moment- a huge diaper blowout to rival Beth's Blowout of 2007. It was so gross- all inside his carseat, up his back, down to his toes. Luckily I had refilled my diaper wipes because he basically had to have a sponge bath in the Wal-Mart parking lot!

Tuesday afternoon I tried to take some professional-looking photos of Jack since it didn't work out with the real photographer. I've been scouring the internet, reading up on how to photograph newborns, looking at sample photos and watching youtube tutorials on how to edit photos in Photoshop Elements 8, my other toy. I've developed a new hobby, methinks. Here are three pictures, the only three I've managed to edit so far:




Yesterday and today I've been by myself, and it's going much better than I could have expected. I think I psyched myself out, imagining that three kids at home would be too hard for me to handle. Luckily, Jack's still sleeping quite a bit, but he's starting to show a huge preference for mommy's arms instead of the swing. That's posing a bit of a problem. ;-) I'm eating him up though, relishing in every single sigh and coo. He's even starting to smile! I'm finding that I'm not in a hurry for him to grow up, like I was with Beth and Luke. I *know* what's coming next developmentally, and I'm not in a rush for him to roll over or sit up. And I'm pretty sure he's already as big as a 3 month old!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE the one of you and the kids. I think Ryan needs that in a frame for his desk at work =)

mama schmerb said...

Ditto Julie's comment!! THese shots are amazing!!

DANG! You are GOOD!!

BRAVO!

 
site design by designer blogs