Saturday, July 3

Our fawn

We have a couple of fawns that live in the empty wooded lot next door to us, one came to visit our "pond" yesterday during a break in the rain.

Beth, Luke and Finley were very excited to see him galloping around our backyard.

Jack slept happily through the whole ordeal. :-) This is his first and last time to wear his "little brother" onesie. It's a size newborn but the arms were like a muscle shirt on him and I could barely snap up the bottom!

We've fallen into a nice evening routine already. Jack usually falls asleep around 5:00 or so after a big nursing session and sleeps in his swing for a 2-3 hours. It's really wonderful because this lets us have a nice dinner and get the kids ready for bed! He's usually out for the night, waking up for diaper changes and quick snacks, then falling back asleep until about 5 am. At 5 he's up for about 30-45 minutes until I lull him back to sleep with some more nursing. Then he'll sleep till about 8-9 am. I hate to say it, but so far he's been a great sleeper! But, Luke was a great sleeper for about 3 weeks, then was a horrible sleeper for 8 months... So... I'm not counting on this lasting. Everything's a phase, right? Even the good things!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs