Saturday, July 3

Passed Out



turn off that flash, man! i'm trying to sleep here!

One of my favorite things about this newborn stage is a baby's ability to pass out into such a deep sleep that he's completely unaware of anything. The other night we watched The Blind Side and Jax was completely passed out on my lap the entire time, totally limp. Of course I asked Ryan to take some pictures!

We're playing around with nicknames for Jackson... Jack, Jacks (Jax?), Jack Jack, JP, FJ... I like FJ because it takes him back to his roots- "Frisbee Jack," as Beth lovingly calls him! It's going to take some time I think, since we didn't have a name picked out for him since the beginning. In retrospect I wish we'd chosen a name before birth so that we didn't have to agonize about it for a few days! Lesson learned, we'll remember that next time around. ;-)

I'm feeling generally well. I'm still having major fluid retention in my hands for some reason, they're very sore and it's been hard for me to make a fist. A friend suggested postpartum carpal tunnel syndrome, and someone else was concerned about my blood pressure. I'm also having a hard time walking because my lower abs are still very sore, surely a result of Jack's quick delivery. He, on the other hand, seems perfectly healthy to me! Jack and I both have two-week appointments on Thursday, so hopefully we'll figure out the solution to my issues soon.

His skin is starting to plump out and soften and the peeling is slowly going away. No baby acne yet, but I know it's coming! He even looks like he's trying to smile at me sometimes, and when he smiles in his sleep it absolutely melts my heart! He has such a huge grin! We have a photographer coming on Tuesday to take some professional baby pics of him (the same lady that came for Beth's pics a few weeks ago) and I'm hoping to get some beautiful black and white photos of our new boy.

4 comments:

Neen said...

He is beautiful. Please take care of yourself. I never had any of those issues so no advice just make sure from the doctor. Great job. He is a very cute baby!

grandma and grandpa said...

What a doll! He looks like a very mellow kid. Am sure he will soon be riding Finley along side his big sis and big brother! There's another cutie in the family.

NelliFamily said...

What a big, beautiful and healthy boy! These pictures melt my heart.

The Zajicek's said...

aww, little sleepy guy! He is so precious! That's good he is sleeping pretty good so far!

 
site design by designer blogs