Sunday, October 18

Fall garden

My fall garden is doing okay. My little bell pepper has resurrected itself from a little stub with one leaf to a tall plant with a real bell pepper! It's struck me that it's just too darn hot here in the summer to grow anything but tomatoes- or at least it is in my garden where chances are I'm not going to water it every single morning! Next summer I will adjust accordingly and wait on the bell peppers till it starts to cool down!


After I planted my seeds on labor day, the sky opened and it rained a torrential downpour for the next week or two. Hence, my seedlings have sprouted sort of oddly and sparcely. I do have some baby carrots, arugula and broccoli (no lettuce). I wanted to plant a few more rows of each this weekend but didn't have the time so maybe we can find some time one morning this week.


I also have friendly ants. I contacted a master gardener and he said they weren't a big deal since they're not fire ants, and suggested I didn't try to kill them since they're in my garden bed. Well, it still ticks me off when I see those little suckers all over my plants, even though they're apparently causing no harm, so I spray them off with my hose! However, this is what they do, ALL OVER my garden bed:


Ant holes. It's not cool. Maybe part of the reason some of my seeds didn't sprout is because they were relocated by the ant holes!

I took this video on Thursday, during Luke's afternoon nap. It's been to glorious outside to not actually be outside, so for the past few days we've basically spent the time after naps until dinner time outside. Beth likes her new outdoor toys, empty flower pots, sticks and digging in the dirt. I have caught her eating the dirt though...That's pretty gross. In the video, you'll hear a couple of her made-up words that she came up with on the spot (she'll make up words to describe anything and everything), this instance they're describing "tricks" she does on the fort thingy. Also, about halfway through, Finley ran by at top speed and scared me half to death, you'll see!



(ok, can anyone help me? I've been to use the blogger video upload literally all day and it hasn't uploaded yet. should I just go back to using youtube?)

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs