Monday, June 15

Stealing tomatoes

Tonight I went out to water and check on our garden. We had our very first ripe tomato! A beautiful cherry tomato. Beth and Ryan were out there too, so we let Beth pick it and told her to take a bite. She popped it in her mouth, chewed it up and quickly asked for another one. By that point Ryan and I had taken a few steps away from the garden, and as I turned around I saw her grab another one of the plant and as I said, "Beth, not yet!" she popped it in her mouth quickly and ran off! It was yellowy-orange, not quite ripe yet. I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on her when we're out gardening!

Tonight was also a big night for Luke- he ate a whole jar of baby food! I never thought my semi-crunchy self would be so excited, but honestly I'm glad he's eating baby food. It's so much easier, and I really feel like it's better than what I'd be serving him sometimes (tonight we had tacos!). So he ate a jar of ham, rice and pineapple and a mesh feeder full of blueberries. I'm totally okay with that. :-)

2 comments:

Ramona and Josh said...

Cute little chowhounds! We're so proud!

Grandma c said...

Should have had the camera...would have loved seeing the tomato-snatching incident. Sounds like Luke is enjoying the food these days! :)

 
site design by designer blogs