I only had 16 people vote- is that how many blog visitors I have? Really? I thought it was more. How sad. ;-)
12/16 people want more pictures of the kids
I really think I'm doing as well as I can with the pictures! I take photos nearly every day and upload as often as I can- usually several times a week! Then I have to sort out the bad ones, the overexposed ones, the ones where little eyes are half-shut...I'm sure you all know the drill. But I do love my digital camera with my kids - I take 10 pictures to get 1 good one. I don't know how they did it in the "old" days of film-only!
7/16 of you want more written updates about the kids
This is an important part of my blog for me. I use it as a record of our life, so while my writing might not be as important to some of my blog readers, it's important for me to get down the little details of things I want to remember in the future.
9/16 want more of my musings on motherhood
I think this is what is the most entertaining when I look at my friend's blogs. I love reading about their take on motherhood, how they're handling the balancing act of motherhood versus wifehood versus just being a woman of God. I think it helps to be entertaining- some days I feel like I do a good job of being funny and other days I'm pretty lame. Problem is, I have a million thoughts throughout my day of, "Oh! That would be great to blog about!" but when I sit down at night to blog, the thought is gone. Motherhood has turned my brain to mush.
7/16 want more of my musings on religion
I know that I have a lot of my Catholic friends who read my blog, and I suppose they're the ones that make up the 7 people in this vote. :-) I have been going through a spiritual dry spell lately ("spiritual arrogance" is the term I used in Confession) but I feel like I'm coming out of it. Maybe blogging will help me get back on track. My life is a series of swerves off and on the path that God has laid out for me. Sometimes I get way off but I always manage to make it back on his path somehow!
5/16 want Ryan to start blogging!
Yes, good luck with that. If you'd like this, I suggest you personally take it up with him via phone or facebook. Cause he usually spends all his online time on fantasy sports. ;-)
4/16 want more information for mommys
My least bit of a response, ha! Well I don't write a lot about this sort of stuff (do I?) unless I fell it's big news or super important. Obviously car seat safety is something I'm passionate about, and the other things I do that might not be "mainstream" are personal choices that I've decided to do based on personal research. BUT to my friends and family: I do advocate knowledge. Make an informed decision about what you do with/to your kids. Car seats- yes, some are better than others. A huge number of car seats are installed incorrectly- take the time to check them. Vaccinations- know what you're vaccinating for, how they're made, and the effects they will/could have on your kids. Breastfeeding, cloth diapers, attachment parenting, co sleeping, homeschooling, religion... The list goes on and on. Just educate yourself, that's all I want. Know what's going on, don't just do it because it's what everyone else does or because it's opposite of what everyone else does, know what I mean? Be passionate about it!
So with the conclusion of this poll, I will try to take all of this into consideration. More photos- got it! If you have other comments, please feel free to let me know!
Thursday, June 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
since i was out of the country and couldn't take your poll here's my opinion:
just write about what you want to write about. it's your current piece de resistance (besides your children of course), so don't make it into a job where you have to 'meet quota.'
i think the number of pictures is just right. i think there should be more pictures of me though. maybe also a little thing that shows how old I am every day next to beth and luke. yeah, i think that's a good idea.
Post a Comment