Thursday, June 18
Bad news
Yesterday Beth had a cold. She woke up with a runny nose and she was breathing kind of hard, and had a little fever of 100.4 or under. She got worse as the day went on, and at 4:00 I decided to bring her to the pediatrician. After examining her, he decided to admit her to the hospital to be monitored, since her breathing was so labored and she wasn't getting 100% oxygen. Last night she had a chest X-ray, which shows she most likely has pneumonia, and given that she's not really responding to the antibiotics it's most likely viral (isn't it always?). So she'll probably spend a couple of nights in the hospital, just to be on the safe side. Last night I stayed with her and right now Ryan is with her while I'm home with Luke. I'm not sure how we'll do this but I'm trying to pump as much milk as possible (which is pretty impossible for me) so that Luke can stay home and away from the hospital. This came on so quickly, and she wasn't really even acting too sick other than her lack of appetite and unusual tiredness- but she was still in a happy mood! Please pray for her quick recovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We wish Bethy a speedy recovery! Please keep us updated.
I'm so sorry Steph. We'll be praying for you!! I wish I were closer to help out with Luke for you.
Oh no! I'm keeping Beth, and you, in my prayers!
We are all praying for a quick recovery for Bethie and for mommy & daddy to hold up! and, for Mr. Luke to be a very, very good baby...:)
Oh no - poor Bethy! Prayers for your sweet baby girl and keep us posted!
We are keeping u guys in our prayers, we hope she gets better soon. please let us know how she is doing...
Post a Comment