Monday, February 4

Baby's got the flu

Not an awful case though, don't start feeling too sorry for her. She's playing like nothing's wrong, but she still has that runny nose/cough/fever going on. And she's nursing up a storm- I think this is probably the most accurate at-home diagnosis of sickness! When they want to nurse once an hour (or more) and they take their sweet old time... And refuse a banana! When Beth turns down a banana I KNOW something's wrong! She also has an ear infection, but he said it's in the very early stages so it won't get bad since I'll be starting her on the antibiotics first thing in the morning.

My throat is scratchy but her pediatrician took a peek and said it's not red, he said if it doesn't go away soon I should just call my Dr. for a prescription. I don't think I have it- I'm drowsy (I'm always tired though) and my temperature has been around 99.3 for the past 4 days (technically not a fever- just enough to make me warm!) and my throat is scratchy. I'm not really concerned, if I get any worse though I will go in.

One thing to share with the moms out there (I stole this from a post on my NFP board!)regarding rear-facing carseats! Protect your precious babes! This is from a study done in December 2007 at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.

Findings:
* Children 0–23 months were less likely to be severely injured when using a rear-facing car seat (RFCS) than a front-facing car seat (FFCS).

* The benefit of an RFCS was particularly great in side crashes.

* Children 12 months to 23 months old are five times less likely to die or suffer serious injuries in a crash when riding in rear-facing car seats than those in forward-facing seats.

Abstract: http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/13/6/398

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Poor Beth! I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Blair said...

Oh no! Hope Beth is feeling better soon. We're still flu-y over here too :(

Caroline said...

Poor baby :o( I hope she feels better and hopefully you and Ryan don't get sick.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I hope she is feeling better! ( I had to delete my other comment because I asked about antibiotics, obviously i didn't read your post too well!) We have to meet up again when she is feeling better, maybe a day at the mall?

 
site design by designer blogs