Recently we've also discovered that she can shake her head yes and no. If you say "yes?" to her, she'll nod her head up and down. If you say "no?" she'll shake her head (and her body!) back and forth. She's so smart! We're trying to teach her how to use a spoon right now- she's really never been interested in holding a spoon during feedings so I've just fed her. It makes for a very clean meal! Now things are getting totally messy and disgusting, but she's just about figured it out. She prefers to bang the spoon on the tray, then toss it and say "uh oh!". Someone must have forgotten to tell her that "uh oh" is for accidents only!
A few days ago she was with Ryan and he was trying to help her say "banana". He's say "ba" and she'd say "ba". He'd say "na" and she'd say "na". He'd say "na" and she'd say "na". Then he'd say "banana" and she just said gibberish. It was so funny, it reminded me of the Friends episode when Phoebe was trying to teach Joey to say something in French. He got every syllable correct but when she tried to make him say it all together it came out in gibberish! Not that Beth is anything like Joey, lol!
She got some new shoes also because she's outgrown the pair I bought for her after Thanksgiving! Just in time too because those were starting to get smelly! These are her new shoes because they are the *only* soft-soled shoes I can find that fit her right now! She's between sizes in the Pedipeds and I hate the look of the Robeez and similar shoes. They weren't my favorite but she couldn't wear her other shoes anymore! And when she outgrows these, she has a pair of shoes from Christmas to grow into- pink and brown Pedipeds. Shopping for little girls is really too much fun!
Beth "feeding herself" with her spoon
Outside before Valentine's dinner. She was really excited about some water!
Pretty girl
Stuffed with yummy food, our little family.

4 comments:
How cute is that? I hope you can get a video of the "ba na na" thing up soon, it sounds too cute.
We're in between shoe sizes too, so I feel your pain.
I love that green dress she is wearing. In fact, you all look fantastic! Isn't it so fun to nearly see the wheels turning in their heads as they learn about the world around them and formulate their own ideas? You're blessed. :)
What a beautiful family!
P.F. Chang would be honored to know that you enjoyed Valentine's Day together at his restaurant!
I love the pic of the family, beautiful :o)
Post a Comment