Wednesday, February 13

Our busy week

Beth's taking a nap so I have maybe 5 minutes to write something. ;-)

We had a good, very busy weekend! Let's just say we learned we do NOT want a puppy anytime in the future- dog, yes. Un-housebroken puppy, NO! We had a puppy over for a few hours and she was so darling but in the time she was at our house, she had more accidents than Vegas ever did! Yikes!

Other than that we kicked back and relaxed. Well, sort of. I had a babysitting gig on Saturday night that was a fundraiser, and I actually enjoyed myself! There were 3 adults, a few teens "helpers" (if you call texting and giggling in the corner "helping") and about 28 kids. I read books to a few girls (and was told by a friend I'd be a good homeschooler!) and played poker with a 10-yr-old (with torn-up paper as our chips). They watched a couple of movies and some ran around like crazies, but overall I really enjoyed myself, plus we made a lot of money! I didn't get home until 1 am, yikes!

Sunday we stayed close to home so I could recover! We went to mass early (I love going at 9 am)and just chilled out the rest of the day. Monday and Tuesday Beth and I have been running around to meetings and trying to do chores, today we ran out to do a bit of shopping. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and the busiest day of our week! We have my Regnum Christi meeting in the morning, then a presentation at the Fullness of Truth bookstore about Jesus and the founding of the Church, then we come home for a bit and at 4:15 we'll meet Ryan at PF Changs for dinner. YUMMY! That's where we went last year for Valentine's day (with Beth- she slept!) so we'll make it a tradition. Plus I realllly want some noodles!

Then on Friday we have a big afternoon. A lady from the local Boxer Rescue group is coming to our house for a visit. Since Ryan and I have been looking into dogs, we've been told by some very knowledgeable friends that Boxers are one of the most family-friendly dogs out there. So we're going to meet with her, and ask her some questions, hopefully meet her Boxer and see how Beth does. We're really excited!


She looks like such a toddler!
Christmas present from Daddy...
She didn't really understand the blocks yet, she thought they were for eating.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Good luck on Friday! I know you guys will do great!

The Zajicek's said...

Sounds like yall have been staying busy and having fun! So glad the babysitting thing went well and you had fun!

Love the new colors on your blog by the way! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!!!

 
site design by designer blogs