Thursday, February 21

Lost shoe

Since Finley has entered our lives, I've really made an effort to go walking twice a day with him. It's good for me to get out of the house and exercise, it's good for Beth to get out of the house, and it's good for him to wear off some of that puppy energy! So we've been going at least once a day, sometimes twice- the weather has been rainy, boo. We just got back from our morning walk (and now Beth is sleeping, yay!). I always put shoes on Beth just because I never know when she is going to want to get out and walk, but now that she's pulling her shoes off at every opportunity it's probably not a good idea. Yup, you guessed it, she pulled a shoe off and tossed it overboard and I didn't even notice until we got home! Her brand new shoe, her brand new expensive shoe, gone! I may have said a bad word, threw Finley inside and strapped Beth in her car seat and we took off. Thanks to St. Anthony we found it in the street and it hadn't been run over. I apologized to Jesus for saying a bad word, thanked St. Anthony for his help, and came home and now Beth is asleep. Yay for happy endings. :-)

We're going to the mall this afternoon because I need some new foundation for my face. Actually I needed new foundation about 5 weeks ago and somehow I've managed to squeeze enough out of that tiny plastic bottle to last me this long. Well I'm officially out now, so time to buy some more! Beth will enjoy the mall, she always does, I haven't decided if I'll let her play in the kid area or not. Yesterday her nose started running again so probably not... We still have yet to take her on the carousel, I'm not sure she'd enjoy it yet though. We plan to meet Ryan for lunch but now that I think about it, that might not be such a good idea for me since I got my bottom braces on yesterday. My mouth is hurting!

And she's awake. I don't even think that was 10 minutes. :-(

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I didn't know you were getting braces! They stink for a while but you get used to them quickly. Once you get them off your teeth feel so smooth to you. That's the biggest thing I remember. Time will fly for you!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say that Finley ate Beth's shoe!!

 
site design by designer blogs