Tuesday, December 21

Another "first haircut"

Luke had his first haircut a few weeks ago, where I trimmed the top and sides a bit to keep him from looking like Bozo the Clown! Ryan and I couldn't bear to trim his "piggy curl" then, but the time has come. The weather is less humid now, so it's less of a curl and more straight, which means his haircut was looking more mullet than ever! So, away it went.


No huge change in my opinion. The big change for me was that very first haircut! It's a little sad that it's gone but I have a feeling it will be back, what little hair he has is pretty textured in the back!

Monday afternoon was Beth's last ballet class for the semester. After class was over her teachers gave all the girls in her class a goody bag full of homemade chocolate-covered pretzels. All the girls were so excited, but my heart sank- I wasn't ready for this. Beth proudly brought her bag to me and I excitedly took it and said how nice it was of her teachers, but that the pretzels weren't gluten free. She started to look a little worried but I quickly assured her that we could make chocolate-covered pretzels at our house with her special pretzels, and assured her we'd do that later that night. I asked her if she wanted to give her pretzels to a friend and she handed them right over, no questions asked. On the way out I started to cry a little because I was so proud of her. I can't believe how mature she is for such a little girl!

So that night, we made chocolate-covered pretzels. And they ate them, very happily. :-)

1 comment:

Grandma c said...

Beth looks quite happy munching on those chocolate pretzels. She is one awesome grandchild!!!

 
site design by designer blogs