
Almost three weeks ago...
We found the perfect Christmas tree this year! We visited a new tree farm this year, one that's closer to our new house and less commercial, and it was a lot nicer than the place we've visited in the past. We really enjoyed ourselves, not to mention the great company we had! Ryan's brother, sister-in-law, and nephew were in town an accompanied us to pick out our tree. Christopher had a ton of fun following around his older cousins!
I should also warn you I received an early Christmas present- an upgraded membership to picnik.com. I'm going a little crazy on my pictures, but I like it. ;-)
We didn't immediately start the search for trees, we let Beth and Luke run up and down the aisles for a bit before we got serious. We were also waiting for Josh, Ramona, and Christopher to arrive, so we let them have some fun!
Josh and Ryan really got into the search for the perfect tree, speedwalking up and down the aisles checking out the colored tags (indicating price) and examining every angle to check for bare areas, broken branches, and holes. Ramona and I corralled the kids and I enjoyed the smell of all that pine!

Once we found the perfect tree, Ryan instructed the kids about what was about to happen. They all took turns "helping" cut down the tree and drag it back to the tractor.


We got home pretty late and by the time dinner was over it was time for bed. The tree actually remained undecorated for quite some time, which I know is a tradition for some families. Beth and I made a paper chain with purple and pink to decorate the tree with (Liturgical colors for this time of year) so it wouldn't be so bare, but we finally got around to decorating it last week! Pics to come...

1 comment:
Such sweet memories. I need to find our pictures of us doing this YEARS ago.
Post a Comment