Beth and I finished up our "B" week yesterday with a couple of coloring pages and a lesson on butterflies. We watched a of video on youtube about how butterflies are born as caterpillars (I turned off the sound and narrated it to her level), and we watched another video of a butterfly actually coming out of his cocoon. She was very intrigued! Afterward she had a coloring page on the process. We turned in all of our "B" books to the library (with a few new favorites- she loved the rhyming bear books by Karma Wilson) but checked out the last one to come in- Owl Babies. I don't know if it's the way this book is published or if it's just the copy I reserved online, but this book is HUGE. It's probably the biggest book we've ever had; when it's opened, it's probably 3 feet across! Beth loves the book, she says she likes the owl Sarah the best, but I think she just loves the obnoxious size of the book!
Last week we made banana bread, Beth had a difficult time mashing the bananas but loved adding in all the other ingredients. The girl loves to cook, I can't wait until she's older and can make dinner for us!

2 comments:
Looks like a fun week! We have one of the Karma bear books and love it; I'll have to look for the others!
The kids were actually playing Owl Babies tonight...they love "Sarah and Percy and Bill!" I've never seen one that big though, you must've gotten the cool copy :)
Have fun doing C week!
Okay~ Awesome, about the books and all, but, let's talk banana bread.
Okay~ no wonder the girl had difficulty....you don't mash bananas with a fork!......hands are best, and squishy!! (fun) and Aunt Jenny said the bananas looked 'too new'.....(need to be a little bit more on the fermented side) :)
Okay, that's all for my input...oh, yeah...great job on teaching the kids the alphabet...:D
We have a 'Big Buidings' book y'all can borrow, it's big too.
Post a Comment