I want to always remember our bedtime routine. After his bath with Beth, and putting on his jammies, I put him down on the floor in his room and ask him to go pick out some books to read. He walks over to his shelf, with a huge smile on his face, and will bring me one at a time. When he's done picking out books, he backs up to me instead of climbing in my lap- readying himself to be picked up, plopped in my lap and read to. He snuggles up to me, lays his head back on me and listens to his books. We turn off the lights, say our prayers and rock for a couple of minutes before I put him in bed. I'm sad that my belly is getting so big that it's becoming hard to snuggle up together, but it's such a sweet time of day for us, and I love it. :-)
Luke will not sit still for anyone or anything- making it nearly impossible to get a picture of him! He's constantly on the go, and is constantly surprising me with the way he expresses his knowledge of the world around him. Today we were playing in Beth's room, and he was "mixing something" in the kitchen. He brought the pot and the spatula over to me and put the spatula near the mouth of the stuffed dog I was holding for Beth, and make an eating sound- like the dog was eating off the spatula. What a smart boy!
Edited to add: I'll probably continue to edit this post as I think of more things to add. Like the fact that Luke cut a molar! He has four teeth in the front, though two more upper teeth look like they're going to break through at any second. I was letting him chew on my finger a couple of nights ago after he busted on the coffee table, and I noticed the molar on his upper right side coming through. I even got a peek at it!

3 comments:
Luke is going to be the kind of kid who unlocks the secrets of the universe. Grandpa and I have enjoyed watching him discover things in his world. He heads for uncharted territory, then explores it by taking it apart and putting it back together. What a precious grandson we have...his sis is pretty special, too. :)
Look at our sweet little boy getting so big! What an angel!
So sweet.
Post a Comment