Tuesday, February 16

When neglect pays off


I've been very neglectful of my winter garden- so neglectful that I haven't bothered to cover it at all during the freezes, haven't pulled weeds, haven't even so much as gone to look at it in a couple of months! Last time I went out there was to pull carrots so Beth could eat them. So what do we have here? A seemingly happy garden, overgrown with weeds but oh well. The broccoli looks terrific (though I'm not positive what it should looks like), the arugula is totally overgrown and has started sprouting flowers, and my one measly head of lettuce is still alive and growing. Works for me! Looks like we'll have some fresh broccoli next week!

broccoli- i had no idea this is what it looked like on the plant!

overgrown arugula, i promise it's not a weed.

the inside leaves of this lettuce look very crisp!

1 comment:

grandma c said...

wow! I neglect my outside plants and they just wither away. We are looking forward to a beautiful salad next time we visit. :)

 
site design by designer blogs