Wednesday, February 24

Snow Day

Yesterday it snowed. I know, it was random, but we live in Texas so I expect random. It wasn't even that cold outside to me, and the ground was too warm for anything to stick, but it snowed enough that the kids could go outside and check it out. I will say that these were the biggest darn snowflakes I have ever seen! I tried to get pictures of them but of course it didn't work. I don't know how else to describe it other than they were just huge snowflakes. Beth liked trying to catch the snowflakes while I think Luke was just happy to be outside! After a few minutes outside, their little noses were bright pink so I brought them inside and we all had hot (well, warm) chocolate.

One of the cutest things is while we were outside, there was water coming out of the gutter. Both kids were so fascinated by it and wanted to play in the water, and I was just like- come on, it's a gutter! Then I realized they really don't have any experience with rain water and gutters, as we're always inside when it rains! So I taught Beth about gutters!

at first, luke was hesitant to come off the porch!

"catching" snowflakes

2 comments:

grandma c said...

Snowflakes and hot chocolate...what a great combination!

mama schmerb said...

They were HUGE over here too.

Remember, they are experincing EVERYTHING for the first time.
The world, (even gutters), are a thing of wonder and awe. :)

 
site design by designer blogs