Bending over to buckle a shoe
is becoming a near-impossible task to do,
And sometimes I could swear this baby is going to stick an arm out
just to wave hi.
My bones creak and ache
as my hips prepare to separate
during birth.
He moves around so much,
flipping, kicking and punching.
Daddy hopes for a future soccer player,
I'm just hoping to make it another 18 weeks.
I can't pick up my daughter for fear of strain,
and my son is becoming aware of the pending change
as we frequently talk about the baby in mommy's growing belly.
My tummy now rumbles all the time,
begging for a snack,
I stuff my face with food so fine,
then am ready for a nap.
With new resolve to care for my baby and body,
I hope to start full of gumption,
Afraid of a 10-pound baby I am,
so I must reduce my sugar consumption!
Vitamins and stretching,
exercise or walking,
I must get out there and "just do it,"
and stop my incessant talking.
My hopes and dreams for this boy
still without a name...
God has big plans for him,
this I have no doubt.
From the moment of his conception,
Another little soul for Christ,
His praises to holler and shout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Didn't know my daughter-in-law was also a poet! Hang in there!! :)
An Ode to my sweet baby:
Winter is almost over
Spring is almost here
My daughter awaits in expectation
For number three to appear.
A volumous belly make shoe tying a pain
Vegetables in the garden are given free reign
Kicks and punches and soccer star strain
It's sometimes not pleasant, but, so much to gain.
A home full of giggles
A home sent from above
A home full of sweetness
A home full of love.
love,
mommy
Post a Comment