Thursday, January 1

New Years Resolutions

Every now and then Ryan and I will sit down and talk about our goals- financial goals, vacations we want to take, big items we want (or need!) to buy, parties we'd like to throw, and other big events. Last time we did this was probably in June when we decided we'd need to buy a new car instead of bedroom furniture! Since it's a new year, and we were due for another "plan" anyways, we talked today and came up with a few goals for this year. I won't share all since some are personal. ;-)

I'll start with the important stuff: vacations! We have our yearly trip to Port Aransas and this year we'll most likely fly out to Baltimore in the fall to visit family who is moving there. We really want to make it out to Arizona, Minnesota, and North Carolina but I don't think any of that will happen this year! (So y'all will just have to come here to see us!) Ryan is graduating with his MBA in May, FINALLY!, so we'll throw a party for that! We'll also have a big 1-year-old party at the end of October. :-)

Since we didn't get our bedroom set last year, we're going to try to get one this year. You can't just go out and buy a set though- based on our past experience it's probably going to take us a couple of months to find one we can both agree on! That will probably happen in the summer. Also we are going to need a new computer this year. This old thing I'm typing on right now is 5 years old and just not moving as quickly as she used to! Everyone is telling me to go with a Mac- but why? What's the big deal? I've seen the commercials people- sell me though. They're much more expensive than a Dell so you're going to have to really give me a lot to chew on!

Another big goal- and soon- is to figure out how we're going to plan for our children's college educations. Ryan has already looked into all of our options and now we just have to figure out which one to go with. I know some make more sense than others, but some *cost* a lot more than others... But it's something we both agree is incredibly important, and we hope to pay for their undergraduate degrees someday!

And a goal that I hope we can start working on soon- potty training! As much as I love our cloth diapers, I am sooooo ready for Beth to be potty trained! I'm going to give it another shot at the end of January and see if she's ready yet. Since her friend is in the midst of potty training I'm hoping Beth will want to emulate her and use the big girl potty!

My personal goals include a 10K in March (started training a couple of days ago- I ran 2 miles today!) and of course disciplining my prayer life. That seems to be an ongoing struggle though. I'd also like to make an effort to keep our grocery bill down as well as write at least three articles a month for the magazine I freelance for. We also have a family goal of praying a rosary every Sunday. I won't post Ryan's resolutions, but I will tell you they're good and I have a great hubby!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs