We have officially begun- and had success with- potty training! Yay! This week I had no plans to leave the house so I decided to give it another to shot to see if Beth was willing and able. Monday and Tuesday we had one small accident each day, and she's been accident-free since Wednesday! On Wednesday she actually started telling me beforehand that she needed to go so that's a big deal. I put her in "big girl panties" (Dora the Explorer) on Thursday and I think that helped solidify the deal. I wasn't sure how exactly to go about this, so starting on Monday she just went diaperless all day (except nap and bedtime). All day long I asked her, "Do you need to go potty?" Most of the time she said no, but when she said yes I put her on the toilet (not a little potty chair) and she went- and oh boy did we cheer and celebrate afterward! I realize it's incredibly early to consider it a complete success, but she's done so well this week I can't imagine stopping right now!
Friday, January 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Congrats!!
She looks as proud as a peacock!!!
Yay for pee pee in the potty!
That's a big event - yey!!! I def think it's worth celebrating :o)
Post a Comment