I took Beth and Luke to the pediatrician today for well-baby visits, though as it turns out they're both stuffy-nosed and not quite well! They were both checked out to make sure they're meeting milestones (which they are) and Luke got a bonus RSV test since he sounded very congested (it was negative). Beth's 28 lbs and Luke is 11 lbs 8 oz- both in the 50th percentile. Beth also got one more shot- her fourth and final shot until we decide to give her tetanus which will probably be in a couple of years. Luke didn't get any shots today, though we're still debating giving him rotavirus. That vaccine scares me because it's still so new on the market and long-term effects are still unknown... The appointment couldn't have gone better though because they both did incredibly well, Beth let the ped look in her ears and mouth without any issue and didn't cry/resist her shot. Luke did just about as well as a 2-month-old can do. :-) Overall it was a really great experience- I hope all joint doctor visits go this well!
On another note, I have become a tea addict. :-) I now drink a morning cup and an afternoon cup of plain black Lipton tea. Right after Luke was born I realized why moms get so addicted to coffee in the mornings and claim they "can't function" until they've had at least a cup. Well I decided I'd pick up the coffee addiction, but as it turns out I'm really only a social coffee drinker so that didn't work. I didn't want to get hooked on all the flavored creamers (like I need more calories in my diet) so I just quit before it started. Then one particularly cold morning I craved hot tea. And same the next morning. And it stuck! Also, after an afternoon nap when it's really hard to get out of my warm bed to go get Beth I have another cup while she has a snack. So really it's my new after-sleep beverage of choice! Splenda and a splash of milk- yum. Now I need to get a nice travel mug for my tiny cup-holders in my car!
Thursday, December 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Welcome to my "tea" world. It just gently tugs you into action, unlike the jolt you get from coffee. I got a new kind that you can sample over the holidays!
And...no wonder my shoulder hurts after a visit with Beth!!! :)
As you know, I like my coffee...shall we say......strong....but, there is something about a hot cup of tea on a really cold morning...better than coffee:)
Congrats on having healthy babies!!
You are a good mom!
My best black tea recommendation: "Awake" by Tazo is a great black tea blend - splenda and a little half and half and it is the best black tea I've ever had!
In my 'practice of medicine' class we just finished a quick tour of pediatrics. Two of the thing we talked about a lot were milestones and vaccinations. I think I'll bring my book for that class with me so you can see what they show all the doctors, I think you'd be interested.There are some cool charts for milestones, etc.
So, I love me some tea too! Esp. in the cold but not always... i'm a summer hot tea drinker too. I have some great teas from London you should come over and try. When I ran out last year, Brian even ordered it and shipped it for me which was insane because shipping was something like $50!! But it was sweet and he bought lots! Do you have a good tea kettle?
Oh, and I hope you appreciate the kudos you got for being a good mom... that's so sweet and you're very lucky to have someone tell you... even though you already know you are!
Post a Comment