
Beth is also getting into role playing. She already mimics me in my mothering roles, and of course loves her tea parties, but her imagination is growing in other areas now too. Last Tuesday night she helped me "cook" by stirring around a mixture of carrot peels, onion tops and water. Yummy!

Wednesday we tried pig tails... Not quite there yet!

Thursday we went to Old Navy to buy Beth a hat and mittens since it's been getting chilly!

And Friday I took some photos of Luke to try to get the perfect shot for his birth announcement. A lot of cute pics but not the right one. I need to hurry up so I can get those out!

Saturday we went to the tree farm to pick out and chop down our Christmas tree. It's the same place we've visited the past two years. Beth was pretty interested in everything going on though she seemed really serious, just sort of taking it all in. It was a beautiful day! Luke slept in the sling (of course) and once we found the right tree we headed home.


We had a little time to decorate when we got home, but we only put up the white lights on the tree, some garland around the house and my Willow Tree nativity set on the fireplace (my favorite!). We can't seem to find the outdoor lights for our house so from the outside we look like scrooges! After naps, time sort of got away from us and we had Ryan's parents over to babysit so Ryan and I (and Luke) could get away to a wine and scripture evening at a friend's house!
(the obligatory "torture the dog with reindeer antlers" shot)Sunday we tried to take family photos in our backyard and house... My cousin took 152 pictures of us and I found 5 that seem decent (though not perfect). I'm sure it's going to be harder and harder every year to try to get the kids to look at the camera!
This morning Beth and I played with her nativity set that was a hand-me-down from my younger brothers. We played through the nativity story and Beth voluntarily stuck baby Jesus up Mary's dress and said "nurse." I think it's pretty funny how she translates these things from her life into her play!
This morning Beth and I played with her nativity set that was a hand-me-down from my younger brothers. We played through the nativity story and Beth voluntarily stuck baby Jesus up Mary's dress and said "nurse." I think it's pretty funny how she translates these things from her life into her play!

I keep creating blog entries in my head but lack the time to actually sit down and write them out. I have one that I'm working on right now in my drafts folder, we'll see if I ever get to finish thinking it out. In addition to these blog entries I'm not getting written, I'm not keeping up with laundry or other little things around my house. We've now entered the phase where Luke can discriminate between the way I hold him and the way everyone else holds him- and guess who he prefers the most?
This week I have to get started on Christmas shopping too. The good news is that I know what I'm getting for everyone on my list- the bad news is I haven't started shopping at all yet! I'm trying to do quite a bit online this year, hopefully that will help!

3 comments:
hehehe, I love how Beth incorporates "nursing" into her play...that's cute! I think Luke so much like Beth when she was an infant...they both look so much like you :o)
Love the pigtails on Beth...and the antlers on Finley. (He is such a good sport!) Bet Luke is already dreaming of a saddle for him...
great pictures. Makes me think of a not too distant past.
Were did the time go?
beautifulness (i know, it's not a word), all around. :)
Post a Comment