Thursday, January 24

Our days

We've been sticking around the house this week as much as possible to try to get a feel for a new nap schedule. Well, it's not working too well! I've come to the conclusion that since she is no longer co-sleeping (which she has done since the day she was born), she is missing out on high-quality mommy "touch" time. And now that we no longer are co-sleeping, she is craving more mommy "touch" time- which would be the reason she refuses to let me (but not her daddy) put her down to sleep for a nap. I have many other theories but this is the only one that sort of makes sense! So this week we've spent a lot of time together- I hold her a lot, sling her in stores (usually she goes in the shopping cart), and spend a lot of time nursing on demand. I've noticed her nursing sessions last a little longer now, too. Today we napped together in my bed (co-sleeping? maybe.) and I let her take her second nap on me while I watched some T.V. I'm just afraid to try to lay her down because she immediately wakes up and refuses to go back down, which makes us both cranky. I've decided my sanity is worth it!

I've also come to realize that my life, from here on out, will be lived in phases. I no longer care for only myself- I care for Beth (and hopefully, God-willing, many more babies!) and children live in phases, right? That's what "the books" say, lol. So right now, she's in a "bad nap" phase. But next month, it'll be a different phase, and after that it'll be something else, and- as Yule Brenner might say- "etcetera etcetera etcetera". Phases-and letting go of planning my life- it's a new concept for me. Everyone knows about my love affair with my day planner. I'm learning to let go of some things, catching myself when I'm feeling too worked up, and giving things that are obviously out of my control to God. It's a good feeling, sort of cleansing. Now I just need to go to confession and make it official!

Here are those re-birthday pictures I promised! I want to post a video of Ryan dancing with Beth, but I don't know if he'll go for it!
Yay! Fire!
Learning to use a spoon...
...Not very well, apparently!
Dancing with Daddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want to see the video of daddy and Beth dancing!

Mandi said...

She's so cute feeding herself!

 
site design by designer blogs