I'm so ticked off right now that I had to come post a blog about it! I took Beth to have her pictures taken at JC Penny a couple of weeks ago. I had a horrible time. They took at total of 17 exposures of her, and of course she was in a bad mood so that didn't help (not blaming that on them). When it was time to look at the pictures on their 1972 computer screen, I couldn't see any details because it was so fuzzy and may as well have been black and white screen. They try to get your money by only offering 1 5x7 on a page with like 4 "billfolds" and 4 "wallets"- seriously, who needs this many tiny pictures when they could have fint another 5x7 on that page? The photos we all off-centered with the background, and the lady told me she couldn't crop or edit the photos at all. So I have two good pictures of Beth with off-centered backgrounds and am told I have to order 6 pages if I want to get 6 5x7s. I left not happy, and today when I picked up the pictures, I left even not happier. My darling precious girl is cute, but the photos are awful. I get angry just looking at them! I don't plan on going back. This was a true lesson in managing my anger!
I guess part of the reason I'm so disappointed is because the first time we took pictures we had such a great experience. The first time we went to Portrait Innovations, as recommended by many people, and it was just such the opposite experience than mine at JC Penny. It was more expensive, but the photos were beautiful, the photographer was nice, their computers were up-to-date and they could edit as we wanted. I guess the lesson is you get what you pay for!
Thursday, August 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ug Steph, that is frustrating! Sorry you had such a bad experience there. But don't worry, Beth is precious no matter if she's off centered or not. :)
It was great talking to you last night!
Post a Comment