Monday, August 20

Aggieland

This weekend we took Beth to Aggieland for the first time! Well, technically I guess she's been twice in-utero, but that didn't count! We drove to College Station on Saturday morning, straight to the church for a friend's wedding. It was beautiful, I've never been to a wedding that was more focused on God than on the two people getting married. It was a beautiful opportunity to praise as well as visit the church I spent a good 5 years going to, solidifying my faith. It was also so much fun to see people I hadn't seen in a long time (years!) and to see who married who and meet all their kids. It's the first time I've felt like I really belonged because most everyone else got married around the same time we did, and have kids around the same age as Beth. I really wish we lived closer to all of these people!

After the reception we visited some old friends and met their cutie 2-month-old daughter, then visited some other friends to say hi and catch up. Afterward we went to my future sister-in-law's apartment for some yummy dinner, and met the grandparents any my sis and brother there also. We put Beth down for the evening so Grandma and Grandpa could stay with her and the rest of us went to Northgate to have some old-fashioned fun. It was my sister's first time out to a bar and I'm so glad we got to do that together. :-)

The next morning we went to Mass and then out to lunch with the whole crew for Ryan's birthday! My hubby had a great birthday- seeing old friends, celebrating like he was in college again, and having a nice lunch with extended family. What more could a guy want?

Unfortunately we didn't get to take Beth on campus, although I really wanted to. We just really over-booked ourselves this time! Hopefully next time we go in, Beth will be walking and I can get some good pictures of her around Rudder fountain- like the pictures my parents have of me. :-)

Practicing standing, with the aid of the toy basket!
Playing with Uncle Michael
Northgate! My family. :-)
Rolling around on the floor, trying to crawl but still not quite getting it.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

It was great to see you guys and to finally meet Beth! She is so adorable!

 
site design by designer blogs