"Blue Steel" We had a really busy and fun weekend! Saturday was a dear friend's baby shower for her little boy due in September. It was a couple's shower and it was very fancy! It sort of made me regret not having a couple's shower, although really the only thing that was different was the fact that men were there. Women still played baby shower games and oooed and awwwed over cute presents. The men mostly talked to each other and ate. :-) The mom-to-be looked absolutely radient, and still wearing high heels! I was impressed!
Sunday we attended a little boy's first birthday party. He's a child we know from our playgroup, so all of the moms and their kids were there. It was all very cute, Elmo made an appearance and of course, there was the token kid who cried. I don't think Beth even noticed there was a giant red furry monster running around, lol. But the party has made me start thinking about Beth's first birthday- eek! She's almost 8 months old already! But, for those of you who know me, I am a planner! So I am now accepting ideas for themes for her party!
Monday night we invited one of our new parish priests for dinner at our house. Fr. George came over and blessed our house and then we had a nice meal! I'm so happy that our house has finally been blessed! I originally had wanted to do it when Beth was baptised, but it just never worked out. Fr. George prayed over us as a family also, it was very beautiful to be able to share that with my husband and daughter.
When I found the Mother Theresa quote, I was actually looking for this one, which is actually by St. Therese of the Little Flower: "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." This helps me when I'm doing mundane chores and tasks that seem like nothing, but are my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment