Playing hard! We've just been hanging around the past few days, not much is going on right now. Just trying to keep up with endless chores and do some work in the evenings. I took Beth to have her pictures taken on Monday at JC Penny and I wasn't all that impressed. We really didn't get any good ones, I don't think, so that was a bummer.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about the virtue of charity. I feel like I do so many little mundane things in my life- dishes, vacuuming, picking up the same things over and over again... It's made me feel stuck in prayer. This week I was challenged by some beautiful ladies to be charitable in everything I do- even if it doesn't seem like anything at all. This week I'm really going to focus on doing all things with love, and for Christ.
I came across a quote in prayer last night that really struck me. In Acts, the Angel asks the apostles, "Why are you standing there looking at the sky?" after Jesus' assumption. Christianity isn't stargazing- it's serving, praying, and acting in this world.
"Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing." -Mother Theresa. This is my new mantra! Please pray for me this week. And please keep the people involved in or related to the Minnesota brige collapse in your prayers. Praise, our friends in Minnesota were not involved! May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

1 comment:
Sooooooooooooooooo busy.
Sooooooooooooooooo cute!
Post a Comment