Thursday, October 19

We have a house!

I think it's safe for me to officially post that we have a house! We've been house-hunting for quite some time now, and after about two weeks of going back and forth with offers and waiting on signatures, the contract was officially executed yesterday and that means we have a house! It's in The Woodlands in a newish neighborhood- the house is 3 bedroom/2 bath and is a PERFECT little starter home! And the best part is the backyard is *huge* compared to every other lot we looked at, with lots of mature trees. DH and I are so very excited- we plan to close mid-November and do some work (minor work- paint and cleaning) and then move in the weekend after Thanksgiving. The house is empty right now so we don't have to worry about the homeowners first moving out.

So now since we have a house, I've contacted the closest Catholic church which also happens to be one of the most popular in The Woodlands, and we've scheduled ourselves to attend Baptism preparation classes in November (since they're not offered in December) and we'll have Bethany baptized on January 21. It's really wild to be doing all of these things at once- preparing for a baby and buying/fixing up a house, but I'm generally feeling good still and we've had numerous offers from friends to help us move. My Dad has even offered to come help us fix up the house using some of his vacation days, so we've been very blessed to have others looking out for us as well. Since I can't be involved in any painting, I'm going to stick to packing and unpacking boxes and some of the lighter cleaning. I think that'll be really hard for me since I want to be involved in this so badly, and I'm not really the kind of person to let other people do work, especially on my house, while I just sit around. So I will have to find something to do! We already have a huge to-do list, and I'm sure things will also pop up as we go.

It's so nice to see things come together like this. Thank you Lord, for answered prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! -Preston

Mandi said...

That's so great! I'm SO happy for you! Welcome to the world of home-ownership! Woohoo!

Now, where are the pictures?

 
site design by designer blogs