Monday, October 2

God "parents"

I forgot to add a couple of weeks ago that we asked my sister and DH's brother to be Bethany's Godparents. Actually, my sister will be the Godmother and my brother-in-law will be a "Christian Witness", since there are certain requirements to be a Godparent to a Catholic baby. Since he's not Catholic, he'll basically be her Godfather but technically, a witness. They were our Maid of Honor and Best Man in our wedding, and we're really excited that they'll both have another important role in our lives!

Here's more information on the Godparent/Christian Witness thing: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P2Y.HTM and http://catholicism.about.com/cs/sacraments/a/godparent042303.htm

This weekend we went house hunting again and didn't find anything. I did, however, realize that my feet and hands are majorly starting to swell- I couldn't pull my rings off my hand and it felt like all the blood that went to my feet just stayed there. After getting in and out of a car, hot weather, hot houses, in and out of the backyards- I almost fainted once, I'm not sure if it's related to the swelling or the fact that we were just having a very busy day! I was walking back into one of the houses and suddenly I started to walk crooked and blacked out, luckily I was able to catch myself on the door and sit down before I passed out. The realtor got me some iced water and I just sat down for a bit before we continued on... I was fine for the rest of the day! Who knows?

On Wednesday we're going to a new OB. We're just going for an interview at this point, I've heard great things about him but we're going to check things out before we make the official switch. After that we'll probably house hunt some more- wish us luck!

2 comments:

Blair said...

Hope everything works out with your new OB and the house-hunting! Such an exciting time! Take it easy and sit down with your feet up to help with the swelling. That happened to me and I ended up on bedrest w/ PIH :-/
Blessings!
Blair

Anonymous said...

Stephanie--
You did not tell us about the fainting spell. You need to slow down and remember that this is Texas! The heat and humidity can wreak havoc on mommies and daddies to be!!!
P.S. Blair seems like such a nice gal!

 
site design by designer blogs