Friday, March 5

Boxes

I remember when I was about 7 years old, we got a new sofa (I think it was). It came in a huge box, and I remember playing in our backyard with this huge box, I guess with my brother and friends (it's blurry- that was over 20 years ago!). I loved that it was so big, we could crawl inside, knock the box on its side, and stand up and we couldn't reach the top. I'm pretty sure we gave that box a run for its money!

Beth and Luke just don't know how good they have it right now! We have easily 20 empty boxes in our living room right now, and they're barely batting an eyelash at them! I built them a fort and put a sheet over the top to prove to them how cool it could be. They played in it for quite awhile, till a certain party pooper had to start knocking the boxes over causing his sister to cry! They pushed some of the boxes aside to make little windows, and moved the flap of one box over to create a little door-very creative! They're not so interested to go inside the boxes as they are to climb on top, but they still had a really great time.



Ryan and I are slowly packing up the house. A lot of the easy stuff to pack has been the more personal stuff- picture frames and other knick-knacks we had out, so the house is feeling a little de-personalized to me now. With all the boxes out- some full and some empty- the living room will definitely never be the same in this house. I've cleaned out the hall closet and the kid's rooms, packing 3-5 boxes a day and pacing myself since it seems I'm cramping up pretty easily these days.

I'd forgotten to mention I had a midwife appointment on Monday for a regular checkup. Everything seems well, I got to feel Frisbee's head bob around between my hands (it was right above and to the right of my belly button). She asked me if I could identify where he was and I got it right- so cool. :-) I have gained a whopping 8 lbs in the past month-yikes! I definitely went through a phase where I was starving all the time, and I can tell that phase is over now. Apparently a rapid weight gain is common around this time, but I just don't remember that happening with Beth or Luke! Next time they'll pull blood to check my iron and they'll also perform the one-hour gestational diabetes test. I can feel him having the hiccups now, and while I generally am feeling okay I can tell my body is really starting to stretch out. I keep bumping into doorways or corners, forgetting my size, and my underbelly always feels very taught. Here's where it gets fun. :-b

1 comment:

The Zajicek's said...

Those boxes DO look fun to play in! :) At least they are having fun and not feeling too affected by the impending move. Glad that your midwife appt went well!

 
site design by designer blogs