Tuesday, January 12

Success

I felt like we had a successful day today, I'm not sure how else to put it. It's not like I had two perfect angelic toddlers running around, like I didn't ever feel pregnant, or like I had my wonderful husband around all day. In fact, Ryan had an emergency at work and isn't even home yet (everything's okay, just work stuff). I had two kids who were cranky on and off, happy on and off, a visit to my grandmother's house, an extra-long nap by Luke, a beautiful park outing and bike ride (with a small bike accident-she's okay), and a chaotic dinner but happy bedtime. It's been full and busy, I managed not to lose my temper (though there were plenty of opportunities) and am so grateful that I was able to nap, which probably helped me make it through the day! Days like this are good for me because they're real (as in, there are imperfections and chances for mistakes) but they've been successfully won. It leaves me feeling victorious.

(at our parish, an altar server rings bells during the consecration of the Sacred Body and the Precious Blood. i guess i never realized beth noticed the pillow they place the bells on to stop the ringing, because at momsie's house today she saw the pillow and said she wanted to ring the bells like at church. she kept raising and lowering the bells on the pillow. and i thought she wasn't paying attention!)

we're having to learn new rules about riding in the street and not riding too far ahead. i hate that our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks!

at the park, little brother wanted to climb up the slide just like big sister! he tried!

like father like daughter- stealing raw onions off my chopping board! we had shrimp etouffee for dinner, one of daddy's favorites. we're sad he missed dinner with us tonight. :-(

5 comments:

mama schmerb said...

success in the little things.

Doing little things, with great love. St. Terese

Doing good,baby :)

The Zajicek's said...

So happy you guys had a nice day! That's so neat about the pillow thing with the bells! We just might have a future altar server on our hands! hehe :)

DL9Addy said...

i like the lighting on the profile close-up picture of luke going up the slide. good photography skills.

Lindsey said...

Super cute! I love the photos. Our parish doesn't use bells :( so my kids wouldn't even think of doing that! It seems like a small thing, but that has always bothered me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
site design by designer blogs