Saturday, January 30

Halfway!

I'm 20 weeks along already, and as you've seen- it's a boy! I was sooo wrong, I would have bet a lot of money on a girl! Our ultrasound went well, though we'd like to ask for some prayers. My placenta is low so we'll have another ultrasound at about 30 weeks to make sure it's moved upward, away from the cervical opening. This is the most common route- imagine my uterus as a balloon that's being blown up. Pick a point on the balloon as it's only halfway blown up, and notice that as it continues to expand, that point should move upward. That point is where the placenta is attached, and the problem is only if the placenta stays so low that the baby can't leave the uterus in through the cervix. So, please keep us in your prayers- and know that we'll have another ultrasound in about 10 weeks!

We haven't picked a name for this child yet. We have a few narrowed down but it's been a very difficult decision this time around!

What else is going on... Let's see... Luke is still sick, but seemed to be in better spirits today. He's got a horrible nasty runny nose and was sneezing, coughing, and had red eyes. Today he looked a little better though, and actually played on his own for awhile. It's so hard to see him sick but the extra cuddle time is kind of nice for me. :-)

Beth is dancing and singing a lot more than normal these days! We checked out a book called Angelina Ballerina (A and B!) and I'm pretty sure it's encouraged her to dance a little more around the house! We've also checked out a few books by Karma Wilson that we're really enjoying. The Bear books, like Bear Wants More, are very cute, and Beth really likes them! She's also requesting that we sing "new" songs... Ryan and I are really struggling with this! We've resorted to singing Christmas songs and the Star Spangled Banner because we're running out of ideas for kid's songs, lol. We're halfway through our "B" week, I'll have a few things to update next week!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I loved the "angelina ballerina" book!

The Zajicek's said...

We will definitely keep praying for you guys! Glad little Luke is in a bit better spirits - hope he feels better soon!

Jenn said...

Hey Steph! First off, congratulations! And I'll definitely keep you guys in my prayers! I love reading your blog and keeping up with you and your beautiful family! If you continue to search for new songs to sing to Beth, you ought to look into Dr. Jean's CDs. We use them a lot with the young kids in my classes and they LOVE them. She also has a CD called "Sing, Little Children, Sing" that has more religious oriented songs, I think, although my favorite CD is "Dr. Jean and Friends." You can find titles and lyrics at http://www.drjean.org/html/cds_f/cds_sing_little_children.html. Just a suggestion! I don't know what you're looking for content-wise, but they're very age appropriate and they're fun and upbeat so the kids love to hear them over and over. Miss you guys! Take care!

mama schmerb said...

remember "Sharon, Lois, and Bram" from the Elephant Show......great songs..........
hhmmmm......might have to go looking on amazon....:)
I am having all my friends pray for you.

 
site design by designer blogs