Friday, January 22

Chiropractor

I went to my first chiropractor visit today, and boy was it something else! I was nervous going into it, but I've had plenty of people assure me it's a good and wonderful thing to do while pregnant. So I tried it.

I have to tell you, when he had me lay down and he had his hands near the base of my head, I wasn't sure what was going on. He told me to relax and let my head roll, then all of the sudden CRACK. I laid still and started giggling- it seemed like I should be dead or paralyzed after hearing a sound like that! He did the other side of my neck, then my back and that was it. He did some other funky stuff that I didn't much care for or believe (NMT I think), but I think I will go back for "adjustments." I have been so loose and have experienced no soreness as a result of the visit, my head feels very unconstrained if that makes any sense.

3 comments:

DL9Addy said...

I hope you'll allow my unsolicited opinion:

I wouldn't discourage something simply because it isn't allopathic medicine, but at the same time as a future practitioner I am wary of complementary and alternative therapies when I am unsure of their safety and efficacy. The research we have been shown in school states that chiropractic adjustments have shown proven efficacy in the treatment of lower back pain only. That doesn't mean he can't help your neck, but at the same time just because he popped something and it feels better doesn't mean its going to feel better for long, or that "loose" feeling is good, or that you might not suffer some complications down the line.

I don't suggest it or discourage it, but be cautious and very careful in who you select to work with you.

DL9Addy said...

...oh, and glad you're feeling better!

Ramona said...

I know the feeling. I've had my neck "cracked" as well as other body parts towards the end of my pregnancy. It was an interesting experience for me, but even more so for my hubby who was listening to all this cracking going on :)

 
site design by designer blogs