This has been an incredibly slow week for us. It started off with lots of things to do on my calendar, but slowly things have been canceled or rescheduled. We had one showing on Monday, the feedback was that the buyer put in an offer on a house with granite countertops instead, but that if that fell through they might offer on our house! I'm not expecting it to fall through, but it's a bummer that we were so close!
Since we're getting back into the routine of daddy being gone at work all week again (the holidays were wonderful!) we stayed close to home. We've been experiencing a little cabin fever because of the chilly weather, so we're finding ways to stay occupied in the house:
a slumber party in the living room
who knew boppys and blankets were so much fun?
we built a tent with beth's comforter. lots of fun for both kids, though luke enjoyed crawling in and out more than just staying inside. that's his striped back right there!
giving frisbee a big hug. yes my belly is that big already.
luke giving frisbee a big hug. actually, luke has this thing with my skin. he's obsessed with it. he loves pulling up my shirt just enough to expose enough skin so that he can lay his head on me. he also does it to my chest; he pulls my shirt down, moves my crucifix on my necklace to the other side of my neck, and then lays his head on me. so sweet! this will be something i always remember and cherish about luke!
she drew this picture when she woke up this morning. every morning, beth wakes up between 6:15 to 6:30. she turns on her lamp and her cd player and reads or plays quietly. usually she doesn't come into our room unless she has an issue getting her soaked diaper off, but sometimes we hear the music in our room! walking into her room every morning is interesting because some days every single book is out of the basket and has been read, other days her dolls are everywhere and dressed in all of beth's clothes. today it was the magnadoodle and her princess castle.
we met daddy today for lunch at chilis, to finish off a gift card we were given. luke was devouring this lemon and he kept making a silly sour face. i couldn't catch the face on camera, but i took this picture. i love the clarity because of all the natural light, and you can see the lemon in his hands. he made a big mess!After this intense week at home, I can tell that Beth is ready for something new. She thrives with a structured environment; I'm sure part of it is innate but it's also the way Ryan and I have brought her up! I had been planning on starting a program called
Along the Alphabet Path, a home school program designed for kids of all ages that revolves around the alphabet (of course!). Beth got a couple of books for her birthday and I am learning as much as I can about the rest of the program before I kick it off with "A" next week! Since Beth is constantly asking me, "What are we going to do next?" I hope to add a little more structure our days so she can anticipate doing her "school work." I will blog much more about it later as we learn more about it! I'm excited to be helping her learn and challenge her. She is a big dry sponge right now and needs to be soaked!
3 comments:
oh that sounds like a nice week at home! fun times with the kiddos too! Your little belly is getting big! So fun! :)
Got to see them in person today and yes...they are really that cute!!! :) (Sounds like a grandma, huh?)
Stephanie-
I have been MIA from facebook for quite awhile due to my brother having had a stroke. It has been a rough few months.
I decided to check your blog to see what was going on in your life, and imagine my delight upon discovering there is a "New-new-bel" coming this year! :o)
I am just so pleased and excited for you. And a TINY bit shocked that some audaciously tacky person(s) inquired or implied that NFP 'failed' you somehow; OH my worrd, that is...well, audaciously tacky! But I am pleased that you set everyone right!
You are a truly a model of Christ-centered parenting and it is a privilege to see your family bloom and grow.
Post a Comment