We've been home all week since Beth has had a runny nose and since I'm trying to save on gas. So not much to update- Ryan's been busy with work and his summer school started this week, and Beth is fine other than the nose issue (but it's been enough to keep us home from the pool). We've been out for daily walks which is good for all of us (including Finley) but we're trying to keep Beth inside as much as possible because of those darned mosquitoes. She has 4 bites on her legs that won't go away, they've been scratched and are sort of scabbing over. Sort of gross but there's really not much I can do since she pulls off band-aids, so I keep lightweight pants on her as much as possible. She's continued to love the chocolate milk we're giving her but it's taken a toll on some of her cute clothes, so chocolate milk is now only given in her high chair with either her shirt off or a huge plastic bib on!
In addition to labor I'm also making a mental list of things we'll NEED to have before Luke is born. First on my mind is his car seat. I think this time we'll put him in an infant seat (whereas Beth went straight to her convertible) because I am imagining that it might be easier since he'll be our second child. So I have to find something that is safe but that will fit into my stroller so I can make it into a "travel system" if I want. Right now I'm looking at the Graco Safe Seat and the Chicco Keyfit. Both have been recommended to me as extremely safe yet comfortable. I still need to drive to a Babies R Us with my stroller and see if they'll both sit in the stroller safely enough. I'd also like to get a new sling, probably a pouch like I had with Beth since I loved it. Something in a manly color. ;-) We can't have him in Beth's fall-colored girly pouch now can we? That's more of a want though, not a need!
In the future we'll need another bed (he'll be with us for at least 6 months so we have awhile to decide whether we'll move Beth to a toddler bed or straight to a twin mattress), and maybe another high chair? I don't know, do 28-month-olds use high chairs or booster seats? We're also considering painting Beth's room since they'll eventually be sharing, something a little more gender-neutral (right now it's pale pink and green). Safari animals, baby animals, sea animals? I don't really want to do Winnie the Pooh or anything that's a passing fad. We have plenty of time to figure that out though!
Thursday, June 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I vote for the 'tree-house' theme that daddy did for the boys. It can go either way, and the animals can hide in the trees...:-)
You look so cute! Coming up with "gender neutral" is hard, you both are so creative...I don't think you'll have a problem!
You're so cute! I JUST realized I forgot completely about that book I said you could borrow! I could have easily brought it with me today! Doh! I like the idea of cream or a rich ivory over the chair rail, rather than yellow. I don't know about themes...I'm not good at that sort of thing (although I do have friends--the ones with the Bethany Taylor--who did up a super cute jungle room for her. I think it could easily be unisex. Ikea has a big banana-leaf "canopy" thing that you can install on the wall over the bed.)
Was it you that I posted to about herbal (or natural, whatever) bug repellant? I once used some called Shoobug. Instead of citronella as the main ingredient, it had cinnamon oil. Originally I got it at Wal-mart, but that could have been a fluke thing. Hopefully Beth's bites will clear up fast, poor girl. Leo will scratch his in his sleep and then have perpetual scabs for weeks and eventually scars... :(
Post a Comment