We had a nice, lazy weekend. We were going to go to Galveston, but there was a 50/50 chance for rain so we didn't want to risk that- good thing, too, because it poured!
Sunday was father's day, and DH received his first father's day card from his parents. :-) I made him cinnamon rolls in the morning (a rare treat) and we attended mass, where he stood for the blessing of all the fathers. That was really nice, all the dads stood up and everyone else extended their hands while the priest said a prayer. One guy looked at us trying to figure it out (since I'm not exactly showing yet). I think it's important for dads-to-be to acknowledge that they already ARE dads! He's fathered a child that I am carrying, and though he/she isn't born yet doesn't make either of us any less of parents.
So Sunday afternoon, DH was working on homework and I was cleaning up around the house (cleaning out the fish aquarium-ewww). Something caught me off guard, whether it was the fish tank, the red beans on the stove top, or the cherry/coconut snow cone I'd had about an hour before, but I lost it. For the second time. And this time, there were no witnesses! I'm not sure how everyone else does it, but I didn't want DH near me at all while I was taking care of this business, it's kind of a gross, personal thing, you know? I'm just glad I realized it was going to happen so I could get myself to the bathroom on time!
On a different note, some people have been asking if we're going to find out the gender- YES! DH and I are much too impatient to wait it out, I don't know how other people do it! Plus I'm a freak when it comes to planning ahead, so I will *need* to know for my personal planning purposes. And I want to start calling this baby by name, instead of DH and I referring to him/her as a him/her all the time. It's time consuming!
Monday, June 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ahhh! "planning ahead for the baby"!...enjoy it Steph, it'll be the only baby that you 'plan ahead' for...the others just find their own ways!!! ha ha ha
;-)
Post a Comment