Today is the very first day I've worn a full maternity outfit. And it's weird- I actually look pregnant. When I wear my regular clothes, the ones I can still fit on, I don't look so much pregnant. I wonder if the maternity clothes were made to make you look pregnant? Just a thought. I only have one pair of maternity pants at this point, they have the low belly band, and they're a little big in the rear-end portion. But the belly is nice- it's nice to have elastic there instead of blue jeans that don't quite fit.
I've had to call the doctor about these headaches I've been getting lately... I'm still waiting to hear back. They're more severe than any headache I've had before, and it's concentrated on the left side of my head. I think it's kind of odd. I am also having neck pain on the left back side of my neck, so I'm wondering if the neck pain is causing the headaches. But I've also heard that wacko hormones can cause severe headaches, so I'm not sure- which is why I've called the nurse's line. Tylenol doesn't really seem to help all that much. Yesterday the pain was so severe I was certain I was going to throw up- it's been very unpleasant. But all for a good cause, right?
For our one-year wedding anniversary, coming up in a couple of weeks (!!!), we decided to purchase a bed! Well, a mattress technically. We sprung for a king, figuring we'll have this bed for at least 10-15 years and probably co-sleep with several kids. And a queen just didn't seem that much bigger than the full we were sleeping on. We shopped around 4 or 5 different places before deciding we were tired of mattress shopping. I know you're supposed to lay on the mattress in the store for about 15 minutes to get a good "feel" for it but I felt so odd just laying on a bed... While people walk by... And at one of the stores, a guy tried to use his high-pressure sales tactics on us. Gosh, I just wanted to punch his lights out!!! The more he kept telling us we neeeded to buy this bed from him on that specific day, the more certain I was that I woudn't buy it from him ever, especially not on that day. And then he told me that I'll be sleeping on my back when I'm 8 and 9 months pregnant... Uhh from everything I've read, a pregnant women isn't supposed to lay on her back after her 2nd trimester because it constricts blood flow. In a hormonal rage, I wanted to tell them that if he was going to try to sell to my demographic, he should learn his facts. But I kept quiet, and smiled and nodded.
So anyway, thanks to brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and friend, we now have a king-sized mattress in our second-story apartment (that is a whole 'nother story...). Poor DH threw out his back trying to get that mattress up those stairs, it was not a pleasant ordeal. When we move out, we're trying to figure out how we can chunk it over our balcony so we don't have to do the stairs again...
Thursday, June 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll bet you look adorable in your maternity clothes!
Don't forget to figure out how to move the washer and dryer off the balcony. I still haven't figured that one out, they always break as soon as they hit the ground.
Post a Comment