Friday, March 11

A Conversation

 Beth: "Mommy, why did you give me a second cookie?"
Me: "'Cause I'm a nice mommy."
Beth: "Mommy, I think you're nicer than an elephant."
Me: "Why thank you."
Beth: "And bester than an alligator."
Me: "Ohhh!  Even better than Christopher Bobbin?"
Beth: "No, he's the best."
 
Ha!  Christopher Bobbin, no that's not a typo!  Ryan and I have been reading The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh to Beth, usually a chapter a night.  She loves it!  (She has never seen a Winnie the Pooh tv show, but after we're done with the book I'm going to get my hands on a copy of the movie from my childhood and show it to her.)  Ryan, in his infinite silliness, has decided to continue the tales with Beth and tell her his own misadventures of Pooh, Piglet, etc., but the story usually involves Christopher Robin and his neighbor-down-the-street Christopher Bobbin.  (Ryan explained that most people don't know of Bobbin, he didn't make it into the books probably because he smelled bad.)  So Beth thinks it's all terribly silly and begs Daddy to tell her a story after dinner, and he indulges her using silly voices and exaggerated personalities.  All the makings of wonderful memories. :-)

1 comment:

grandma said...

Guess that one of these days they will be ready for "The Wolf of Neptune" stories...passed down from generation to generation. :)

 
site design by designer blogs