Yes, the little one is few days "late." This is truly a lesson in "letting go and letting God," because every time I try to find a new natural way to induce labor, nothing continues to happen.
So, here I am at 40+4, which means he's gone as long has his older brother. Monday we tried to induce labor by having my midwife strip my membranes, but my cervix was still so high that she couldn't reach up far enough to do anything productive. In fact, she couldn't even tell if I'd dilated at all. Today I went in for a chiropractic adjustment and he offered acupuncture, and I accepted. Still, nothing. I went back to my midwife for my regularly-scheduled appointment and asked her to try again, but nothing had changed since Monday. She did discover with her poking and prodding that his head is slightly off my cervix, so he's not really pressing up against me enough to get labor going. She assured me that since this is my third baby, things will probably get going pretty quickly once he lines up correctly (he's still head down, left occiput anterior, which is the right way for him to be). She suggested I do lots of lunges to try to open up my pelvis even more.
And so we wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment