Sunday, June 13

Beth's first dance production

I've noticed I'm posting less frequently lately, and it's not that nothing is going on. I don't even think it has much to do with the fact that I only have 6 days until my due date! I've just been a little behind on my game, not to mention the fact that Ryan and I have a free one-month trial to Netflix! We've been watching movies in the evenings. :-) So here's what I haven't blogged about this week...

Beth's dance production was on Friday, and she did wonderfully! I was very concerned about the timing since the production didn't start until 7:30, and her class didn't perform until after intermission! She hung in there though! I totally wasn't supposed to take any pictures, but I turned off my flash and snuck a few. Ryan wants to buy the DVD of the entire production so we'll have that on hand for anyone who wants to see Beth's first recital!

(beth is in the yellow costume right in the middle)

she received lots of beautiful flowers after it was over!

This week was also a big week for Finley. Poor guy had to have three teeth pulled! We brought him in on Friday for his annual checkup and his first teeth cleaning. His breath has been horrid lately, and as it turns out he had pretty bad gingivitis, a cracked tooth and two teeth rotting as a result of the gingivitis. Ick, poor guy! I have no idea how he got a cracked tooth since he's an indoor-only dog and doesn't ever chew on anything! I am hoping that after this round of antibiotics, his breath will be much better, lol.

We didn't have a big weekend project this weekend, instead, Ryan's been working on the kid's bathroom all week. He painted it yellow, and it took one coat of primer and three coats of paint plus touch ups to get it right! That's a LOT of painting! To tone it down, we picked a brown shower curtain with colored dots. I think it looks pretty good, very cheery but not overly kiddish.

Yesterday morning I thought I was going into labor, and even my midwife said it'd probably be 24-48 hours until labor began. So all weekend long we've been anticipating hard contractions, and I haven't felt anything. It was very disappointing and really stressful to keep thinking that any second now, things could get started. I have a checkup with my midwife tomorrow (I was 39 weeks yesterday), but there's not much she can tell me that I don't already know. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting. :-/



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beth looks adorable! I know you are so proud of her!

You look great. Did you highlight your hair??

Is that the yellow behind you? Doesn't look so bright in the photo.

Baby will be here soon! Rest, rest. :)

Neen said...

So close! Enjoy the week if you can in the heat of houston.

 
site design by designer blogs