I can already tell Christmas is going to be a very big deal for Beth this year. While we plan on "doing" Santa, we haven't talked at all about what she wants or what she's getting for Christmas. Instead, the focus has been all about it being Jesus' birthday, and we plan on making him a cake this year. We've been reading the nativity story and I think I'd like to find a few good children's books explaining Christmas, pretty picture books so I can let her tell the story. Anyone have good ideas?
Saturday, December 5
Tree day
Today we went to the tree farm- same place we've gone for 3 years now- and cut down our tree. Beth had a good time this year, Luke not so much. Beth "helped" cut the tree down and "helped" pull it to the tractor. It was deceptively cold but we bundled everyone up; I forgot my gloves and my hands were icicles! We came home and decorated our pretty tree, Beth was again a big "help." ;-)
taking the tractor ride out to the field. the lady who took this photo for us didn't even realize luke was on my back until after she'd snapped the photo!
treasures galore!
playing quietly with the children's nativity. beth is really into it this year.
the finished product
the mantle with my willowtree nativity. i only wish i could take out baby jesus so that we could put him in on christmas morning. the wise men stay on the end then slowly travel closer after christmas day. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a special tree! I like the traditions you all have created for the family...and yes, I think Luke was enjoying it, too. Nice skirt, Mrs. Claus. But just where, oh where is Santa's hat?
Ohh, I love childrens books - try "Who Is Coming to Our House?" cute picture book & from the perspective of the animals & "This Is The Stable"
Congrats on the baby number 3!!! How exciting!
Post a Comment